This Lunar New Year, VivoCity transforms into your festive haven, where you get to shop to your heart’s content and cross off your entire shopping list – all in one cosy milieu.
The marquee highlight -TANGS Chinese New Year Fair – is a 5,195 sq ft atrium fair featuring more than 40 vendors, offering a comprehensive array of Chinese New Year goodies and must-haves.
The merriment continues on the weekends with the appearances of Fu-Lu-Shou and the God of Fortune making their rounds to wish everyone a prosperous new year. Fans of Wen Yang Lion Dance Troupe can also catch some show-stopping action as they defy gravity to perform acrobatic stunts such as ‘Cai Qing’ and the ‘Mei Hua Zhuang’ segment, where the skilled lion dancers perform atop metal stilts measuring up to 6 ft tall!
TANGS CHINESE NEW YEAR FAIR: ONE-STOP SHOPPING FOR A GREAT REUNION GATHERING
19 January – 6 February 2016
Returning once again to VivoCity’s Central Court, the TANGS-VivoCity Chinese New Year Fair features more than 40vendors who will cover all your festive-shopping needs. Get the ornaments and adornments you need to transform your house into one that befits the celebrations, as well as festive favourites such as pineapple tarts, Chinese sausages, abalone and many more delights to keep your guests satisfied during visitations.
RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH THE ZODIAC ANIMALS
15 January – 21 February 2016
The Plaza, located at Level 1 at VivoCity lights up every night with a festive display of the Chinese Zodiac. Taking centre stage will be the 18 ft tall monkey mascot that lights up from within, surrounded by the rest of the 11 zodiac animals in lively animated poses. Step up to your zodiac sign to read your fortune for the coming lunar year and you can also wish for good luck and blessings at the Well of Fortune!
MY FAVOURITE ZODIAC FACEBOOK CONTEST
(From 15 till 25 January 2016)
In conjunction with the zodiac exhibit at The Plaza, VivoCity is launching a Facebook photo contest where you can win a Signature Festive Set from Bakerzin. Just follow these simple steps:
- Strike your most creative pose with your favourite zodiac character.
- Like “VivoCity Singapore” on Facebook.
- Upload and share your photo on VivoCity’s page and let us know why your favourite zodiac animal is the best out of the 12.
Eight winners with the most creative entries will be announced on 27 January 2016.
BE REWARDED WHEN YOU SHOP AT VIVOCITY THIS CHINESE NEW YEAR
15 January – 7 February 2016
Shopaholics, rejoice! VivoCity has put in store attractive promotions and gifts that will give you greater incentive to shop!
A. Complimentary Red Packets
Spend a minimum of S$80** to redeem a pack of VivoCity’s special red packets to see you through this New Year!
- American Express card members are only required to spend S$60**.
- Redemption is limited to one (1) pack per shopper per day, and is limited to the first 500 shoppers daily.
B. Instant Win @ the Fortune Tree
Spend a minimum of S$150* for a chance to pick a red packet from the auspicious cherry blossom tree at South Avenue; there is a myriad of exciting prizes up for grabs!
- American Express card members are only required to spend S$120*.
- Redemption is limited to one (1) chance per shopper per day, and is limited to the first 100 shoppers daily.
C. Complimentary Oriental Red Packet Holder
Plus, redeem a stylish oriental Red Packet Holder when you spend a minimum of S$250*!
- American Express card members are only required to spend S$200*.
- Redemption is limited to one (1) gift item per shopper per day, and is limited to the first 200 shoppers daily.
FESTIVE APPEARANCES TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR
Immerse yourself in the festivities at VivoCity with these special appearances and performances, all bound to capture your hearts and spread some good luck!
A. God of Fortune Meet & Greet
- 16 January 2016, 4pm and 7pm
- 17 January 2016, 4pm and 7pm
B. Japanese Taiko Drums Performances
- 23 January 2016, 4pm
- 24 January 2016, 4pm
C. Fu Lu Shou Meet & Greet
- 30 January 2016, 4pm and 7pm
- 31 January 2016, 4pm and 7pm
D. Lion Dance Performances by Wen Yang Lion Dance Troupe
- 16 February 2016, 12pm
- 20 February 2016, 4pm
For more information, visit www.vivocity.com.sg/