InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, has signed a management agreement with Radius Developers to rebrand an existing 93-room hotel in Terminal 3 of India’s Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Currently operating as Eaton Smart – New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, this was India’s first hotel to open in the transit area of an airport terminal. The rebranding of this hotel to Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3 at the end of this year will mark the entry of the brand into New Delhi.
Forty million passengers pass through the airport each year and this is projected to more than double following the completion of the expansion programme by 2030.
Guests staying at the hotel will have a range of food and beverage options available to them at both the domestic and international terminal. The hotel will also feature the brand’s signature Great Room where guests can dine and interact with each other during their stay, and a spa to relax in their downtime.
Providing guests with everything they need and nothing they don’t, the hotel will offer a convenient stay which includes:
- Free and fast Wi-Fi available in guest rooms and throughout the hotel so they stay connected all day, every day
- Free Express Start™ Breakfast or a Grab & Go option for a smart start to the day
- A comfortable and restful sleep with high quality bedding and a choice of firm or soft pillows
- A self-service business centre and laundry room
- 24-hour access to the fitness centre to indulge in their fitness regime any time