InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, and Uber, announced today a new collaboration designed to make it easier and more rewarding for guests to get to and from their hotels.
From this week, anyone who is traveling within the U.S. and signs up as a new Uber rider can earn 2,000 IHG® Rewards Club points and $20 off their first ride with Uber. Now, travelers can conveniently request a ride from the award-winning IHG® App through the Uber API and in early 2016, they will be able to set Uber “Ride Reminders.”
Guests can enjoy the benefits of this new partnership by following these simple steps:
- Update the IHG App or download it here.
- Book a stay at an IHG hotel anywhere in the U.S.
- To get to your destination, select the Uber button in the IHG App to request a ride.
- Guests will be directed to the Uber App where the hotel’s address will be pre-populated. If the Uber App is not installed on the guest’s mobile device, they will be directed to an app install link.
- New Uber riders will receive $20 off their first ride and a digital voucher code from Uber via email to deposit 2,000 IHG Rewards Club points into their member account. Points can be redeemed toward a future stay at any of the more than 4,900 IHG hotels in the world.