Singaporeans’ insatiable love for food is undeniable and riding on the growing trend of competitive eating, Cathay Malls, which includes Cathay Cineleisure Orchard and The Cathay, is pleased to announce the first-ever Epic Eater 2016 competition!
The timed food challenge will be held in collaboration with casual Japanese-dining maki and salad eatery, Maki-san, known for its inventive, design-it-yourself maki rolls. For the purpose of the contest, Maki-san has designed a special maki roll for the competition that includes ingredients such as nori (seaweed) wrap, Japanese white rice, shredded cucumber, kani stick, tamagoyaki and teriyaki sauce, to facilitate speed eating.
From now till 13 July 2016, amateur competitive eaters, self-proclaimed “bottomless pits” and food lovers nationwide are invited to sign-up and contend in the fast-and-furious action of maki speed-eating, to create ingestion history and become the fastest eater to chow down the most number of maki rolls in the shortest span of time!
Interested participants can visit www.cineleisure.com.sg/epiceater to download the registration form. To qualify, participants are required to upload the following information by the deadline, 13 July 2016, 12.00pm:
1. Completed registration form
2. Minimum $5.00 spending receipt from any shop/Cineplex at Cathay Cineleisure Orchard or The Cathay
Only shortlisted participants will be notified via email.
Participants who are not shortlisted can still visit the mall during the qualifying round and enter should there be drop-outs from the shortlisted group.
- 1st Prize: $1,000 Cash, more than $200 worth of Cathay Malls’ movie vouchers and Maki-san vouchers
- 2nd Prize: More than $100 worth of Cathay Malls’ movie vouchers and Maki-san vouchers
- 3rd Prize: More than $50 worth of Cathay Malls’ movie vouchers and Maki-san vouchers