Following its unprecedented expansion with five new outlets since its flagship store opening at 313@Somerset, Taiwanese freshly-brewed-to-order bubble tea chain CHICHA San Chen has recently been awarded the Superior Taste Award by the prestigious International Taste Institute (ITI), formerly known as iTQi, for all six tea varieties – Green Tea, Black Tea, Osmanthus Oolong Tea, Cassia Black Tea, Dong Ding Oolong Tea, High Mountain Pouchong Tea. Most notably, CHICHA San Chen’s Green Tea and Cassia Black Tea was conferred the top accolade in superior taste and quality of three stars – equivalent to a Michelin three-star standard.
To celebrate this accomplishment, CHICHA San Chen will be introducing a limited-edition six tea series, featuring their tea varieties – Green Tea,Black Tea, Osmanthus Oolong Tea, Cassia Black Tea, Dong Ding Oolong Tea and High Mountain Pouchong Tea, served as pure tea ($3.20) or with mousse ($4.70).
Set to launch on 16 October 2019 at all CHICHA San Chen outlets in Singapore, customers can look forward to enjoying these limited-edition beverages which highlight the crisp, vegetal notes behind a perfectly-brewed cup of Taiwanese tea, or choose to savour the tea with a silky, smooth, full-bodied finish when topped with mousse.
3-Step Guide to Enjoy Tea with Mousse
- Drink the mousse directly from the lid to taste a delectable combination of sweet and salty flavours, with a full-bodied and velvety texture.
- Tilt cup to 45 degrees to taste both the tea and mousse.
- When the cup is 1/3 filled, insert straw to stir the mousse and tea together for it to become a cup of milk tea. Finally, sip and enjoy the drink!
- 16 October to 22 October 2019: Dong Ding Oolong Tea (2 stars)
- 23 October to 29 October 2019: Green Tea (3 stars)
- 30 October to 5 November 2019: Black Tea (2 stars)
- 6 November to 12 November 2019: Osmanthus Oolong Tea (2 stars)
- 13 November to 19 November 2019: Cassia Black Tea (3 stars)
- 20 November to 26 November 2019: High Mountain Pouchong Tea (2 stars)
Since its inception in 2005, the International Taste Institute (ITI) has recognized food and beverage products that are superior in taste and quality.The award is judged by more than two hundred independent professional taste experts consisting of chefs and sommeliers from the most prestigious European culinary associations, and is presented annually in June. The process of judging is stringent and follows the International Hedonic Sensory Analysis Method to ensure objectiveness throughout the assessment process.
Store Locations in Singapore
CHICHA San Chen currently has 7 outlets in Singapore, with plans to further expand their footprint in the country in the fourth quarter of 2019 and in 2020.
- CHICHA San Chen Flagship Store with Tea Appreciation Counter
313 Orchard Road, #03-41 313@Somerset, Singapore 238895
- JEM, #01-17 50 Jurong Gateway Road Singapore 608549
- Boon Lay MRT Station #01-16 301 Boon Lay Way Singapore 649846
- Ang Mo Kio Hub, #B1-65A/65B, 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Singapore 569933
- Clarke Quay Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #B1-K9, Singapore 059817
- 1 Fusionopolis Pl, B1-21, Singapore 138632
- Tampines 1 #B1-32, 10 Tampines Central 1, Singapore 529536
For more information, visit www.chichasanchen.com.sg.